The Lake Mac Awards are now open!
About the 2020 Lake Mac Awards
The aim of the awards is to celebrate the people and groups who demonstrate that we are from a creative, active and inclusive City.
We want to recognise people who use their skills and passions to contribute to enhancing the social, cultural and environmental functions of the City, and for raising our profile regionally, nationally and internationally.
Categories are diverse, covering sports, the arts, environmental enhancement, volunteering and community contributions.
The Awards are open to individuals and groups based in Lake Macquarie City, although their contributions may benefit the wider region.
Winners will be announced at a special event held on Saturday 8 February 2020. Nominations close Thursday 31 October 2019.
How to make a nomination
- Read the eligibility and criteria of your chosen category before applying.
- We suggest drafting and saving your responses to each question in a Word document, then copying and pasting your answers to the form.
- Fill out the online form and hit submit.
- Send any supporting material to email@example.com.
- Nominations will be considered by the Lake Macquarie Awards Committee or a panel appointed by the Committee.
- The Committee may determine there is not suitable winner for an award category.
- The Committee reserves the right to transfer nominees to other categories.
- The decision of the Awards Committee will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging of candidates will be based on the information provided in the award submission.
- Nominations are due Thursday 31 October 2019
- Invitations to Awards night issued in December 2019
- Awards night Saturday 8 February 2020