Tenders and expressions of interest
View current tenders
To download tender documents, you'll need to register with Tenderlink.
Registration if free. Our guide to accessing Tenderlink will assist you with the registration process.
Tenders will be called when it is anticipated that expenditure will be greater than $150,000 (including GST) over the life of the contract.
More about the tender process
Submitting your tender
When submitting a tender of Council there are some important points to remember:
- Read through the tender schedule instructions carefully.
- Give yourself plenty of time to submit. We suggest uploading your submission several hours before the 2pm deadline.
- Ask questions – contact us on 4921 0333 or email your questions to email@example.com.
- Contact Tenderlink on 1800 233 533 if you need assistance uploading your submission.
Doing business with Council
We are committed to undertake procurement activities is a fair and ethical manner, and to ensure that the best value for money is obtained. All our procurement activities are conducted in accordance with our Procurement Policy and Business Ethics Policy.
Methods of procurement
We are required to conduct procurement activities according to the following thresholds:
- $0-$3,000: no quotation needed
- $3,001-$10,000: obtain a minimum of one written quotation
- $10,001-$50,000: obtain a minimum of three written quotations
- $50,001-$150,000: three written quotes or public quotation process, dependent on complexity
- More than $150,000: formal tender process
We utilise a number of procurement tools to promote public tenders, such as advertising int he Newcastle and Sydney Morning Herald, Vendor Panel, Tenderlink and Aggregators. If you are interested in doing business with Council, we encourage you to register with the above online tools to learn more about upcoming procurement activities.
Working with Council
We generally need our suppliers to meet the following requirements:
- $20 million Public Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance for all employees
- other insurances where appropriate
- documented Work Health and Safety management system
Current expression of interest opportunities
We are inviting artists to submit concept designs for the children’s areas of three Lake Mac Libraries. Artists are invited to submit designs for the kids’ corners at Belmont, Charlestown and Toronto Library – one design per branch.
Successful artists will receive $3,000 to create and install the artwork.
Expressions of interest can be submitted online. Applications close Monday 2 September.
View the spaces in the image gallery below: